Monday, August 11, 2008

jubileedinner.

09.08.2008.historic date for all assuntarians.well, all those who care about assunta anyway..looks like all those ladies who are all ex-assuntarians from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the current decade who came for the Jubilee Book Launch/Jubilee Dinner are all big about their beloved school..ehemm, i went for it, so what does that tell you??i actually like my school k..i dunno why ppl are always saying, "ugh, i can't wait to get out of this school" and stuff like that..for me its always been assunta, except kindergarden..but then again who cares about that..

anyway, here is basically what happened.

it started at 10.30 am in school..me, mel, talitha, steph, alethea, and sesated kom, helped cik azlina load 10 of the book stacks into her car.then she briefed us on what we would be doing there, agenda, etc..we as the jubilee editorial ppl were going to be selling the books at the dinner..

i come home, start fussing around with my hair, take a nice shower, and start packing my things..if i was going to be in JW Mariot with all the bigshots, i was gonna look good and classy being there..then i get a call from kom saying she had no transport there, and could she come to my place so we go together..i ask my mom and she says ok..then she calls me again about 30mins later, and asks if we could fetch her on the way?as usual my parents say ok, sure..(i have no idea how they get the patience to carpool for all my friends..if i were them i'd be saying no way by now..but then again, thats why i think my parents are great ppl..they'd do anything for their little girl-wait i'm not soo little)

then my dad and i, we leave the house at 4.45pm and head to kom's place..there that woman, being the kom that she is, came down taking her own sweet time, while grace calls me and tells me she was already there..so i tell her, we're still here waiting for kom..and she goes WHAT?! i ask my dad how long it will take for us to go to JWM and he's tells me bout half an hour..so i tell grace..who tells me to hurry up and get there..finally kom comes, dressed in this sexay coat dress outfit..

we finally get there..call cik azlina and she tells us to go B3..had no clue where B3 was, so the other two being whimps, made me go ask the guy at this counter..he tells us take that lift on the other side down to the ballroom..so we somehow find our way there..and cik azlina puts us to work straight away..first duty..carry two really heavy boxes from one side of the ballroom, to the other side where we were located..on the way we saw waiters sitting down on the floor, and i thought they were kids..seriously they looked like it, in their uniforms and everything..grace and kom just laughed at what i said..then we just basically did the preparations..ppl started arriving..many reunions were going on..me, kom and grace started talking about how we'd react if we saw each other in 50yrs time..kom and her walking stick and 10 kids..grace with her 3..haha..

based on what we were told by mellisa earlier, we'd get to change into our dinner dresses at 6.30 in a room upstairs..but what we actually did was, change at 7.30++ in the toilet..but then again, the toilets in JWM are super nice..so we didnt complain..as long as we could change..coz we all looked damn sesat in our edi t's, jeans and sneakers, while all the other ppl there were all dressed up and all..came back out..told kom to go in first coz she was sitting in a different table..then me, grace, steph and shiva go in..we had so much of stuff with us..we were at table 14..pretty good table, got a clear view of the stage..it was a good dinner..didnt really like the first dish..octopus, ughhhh, i get still get chills when i think of it..the dishes that followed were nice though..really felt like a bloated tomato that night..amber chia was there..she was one of the models who modeled the poh kong jewelry..speaking of which, we got a earring-pendant set on the bags that all those present got..courtesy of the alumni..the picture of it, and amber chia is on grace's page la..go check it out..

the dinner only finished at 12..according to the agenda that was provided..i dont exactly when it finished coz i had to leave earlier..when you're 16 you dont really get late curfews..even the 11.50 that my parents fetched me and kom was pretty late..grace, steph and shiva had to go back the same time..all in all, i had a really good time..and i got to take a picture with datin seri paduka jeanne abdullah..who happens to be from our very own assunta..

so time for...pictures..
before..me after i finally finished straightening my hair.
at the ballroom..grace.
with stephie.
the mocktails that were being handed out by the waiters all night.
we finally changed..kom, grace and me.
L.O.V.E this pic.kom, steph, grace, shiva, me
we came out and took more pics.with grace.
kom in her awesome dress.
with the head prefect of fiscal year 2008/09.shiva.
the zulu band.those are all ex-assuntarians playing.they were really good.
cake cutting ceremony..that used to be an assunta tradition..we dont do it anymore though.
the SMACK dance crew..the music was happening..
i call this one a good shot..
while we were waiting for dinner to come.
after dinner..kom came and chilled with us at our table.
ms christina, pn hong, mrs tan.and the form 4 of the edi board..and a form 3.
the whole editorial crew.and kom.thats huda,alethea,shi yun, and nichola standing. talitha, shiva, steph, mellisa,kom, grace and me sitting.
we took this right before i had to leave..turned out good, no?and sister enda in the back.
okay..my mom is bugging me to go to bed..i'll try to update sooner..but no timela..maybe when the holidays start i guess.

No comments: